Very Urgent Help Needed

chama_krish

Short Story:

working on OPT, have 6 paystubs and can provide client letter, Thesis not approved on time, OPT expiring on June 2012, Professor says he will approve next semester and advised to apply for H1 visa under General Quota.

Long Story:

I joined my MS in Jan 2009 and in march 2011 i have applied for OPT and got it on June 2011. In the meantime, the Thesis i submitted for MS final semester got rejected in May 2011. I have informed my professor and i am still working on it.

My first OPT is due to expire on June 2012, Today, I have been informed by my professor that if I had to get my OPT extension, then my Thesis for Masters had to submitted and Approved.

However, my professor says that the semester time period for submitting and approval is over, he advised me to move to H1 visa under General Quota. since i am working on OPT and have paystubs and client letter and he would approve my Thesis submitted in the next semester.

Can someone please advise me on below questions

1. can i apply for H1B under General Quota

2. can i apply for OPT extension if i can get a letter from college that my thesis will be approved next semester.

Please advise, any guidance or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Archived