L1A to GC

kishore_shetty

You cannot apply for a Green Card based upon an L1A. There is an EB1© Multinational Executive/Manager category which is a green card application similar to the L1A category, but whether or not a person is in L1A status does not really impact whether a company can file an EB1© case on the foreign national's behalf.

So, if you are interested in applying for a green card, you generally will either need to apply through a family member (e.g. USC spouse) or you need to find an employer to sponsor you for a green card. You can also self-petition in certain other circumstances, such as if you can demonstrate extraordinary ability.

I recommend you schedule a consult with an experienced attorney who can review your complete background and advise you how best to proceed.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I hve a few general questions.

If another employer has to file GC based on my current L1A will they be able to do? Assuming if they can file a GC based on my current L1A when do I need to switch to the employer who processed my GC? Is it complicated to get processed GC from another employer rather than from the employer who actually processed my L1A?

My wife is not US citizen hence I can not apply through her.. What other family members can process GC for us and how long that will take?

Thank you in advance.

Again, you cannot apply for a green card based upon your nonimmigrant status. The nonimmigrant visa application is for a current job. The green card application is generally for a future position. You should contact an experienced attorney to review your qualifications and immigration history to determine how you should proceed.

Archived