L-1 Blanket Petitioner Name in I797 and Visa Forms

raoster

Gurus, I have a question -

I am applying for L-1 Blanket visa through consular processing and was filling up the visa forms. One of the questions were the petitioner's name. In my case, I work for a company called ABC corp which was bought over by XYZ corp last year and works as a independent business unit. The I797 has the entry XYZ Corporation (the parent) and my HR/lawyers have been insisting me to put ABC corp as the petitioner's name. I am very confused - the visa application form instruction clearly says petitioner name as present in the form I797.

Could anyone throw some light who was in similar situation? I just want to cross verify this information because I dont want any delays in my visa processing.

Thanks much

-Raoster

The petitioner is generally the company in the U.S. where the foreign national will actually work. But, I am a bit confused by your scenario. You are currently working for ABC corp abroad? Is ABC corp also located in the U.S.? Also, did ABC corp have a Blanket prior to being acquired by XYZ corp? Or, was ABC added to XYZ corp's Blanket?

Thanks for the reply Attorney_23.

I work for ABC corp in India and I am transferring on L-1 Blanket to ABC corp in US. Last year ABC Corp was bought over by XYZ Corp and functions as business unit. HR rep says ABC was added to the XYZ's Blanket petition. In I-797 the petitioner is XYZ Corp and my HR is asking me to fill the visa forms with the petitioner's name as ABC Corp.

Wanted to know if that is ok.

Thanks

Archived