Docs Needed for 7th year extension

BBCMurthy

Hi All,

I had recently filed my 6th year H1B extension. My PERM and I-140 got approved shortly after my H1-B extension receipt date(But it was very well before the H-1B extn approval date). I did check with my employer requesting them if they have to notify USCIS in anyway saying my I-140 is approved and my employer came back saying that USCIS can automatically know my status and they need not submit any extra documents inorder to get a 1 or 3 Yr extension.

However, this was not true and USCIS granted extension only till the max-out period.

I have the following questions:

1) Was it correct to grant me extn only till the max-out period inspite of having an I-140 approval.

2) Would it have been possible in my case to atleast get 1 or 3 YR H1-B extension if my employer would have submitted these approval docs to USCIS since these approvals happened shortly after my H1-B extn receipt date.

3) Shortly I would have to file for my 7th year extension. Should my employer be including additional docs like my PERM or I-140 approval notices in my 7th year extension request. Otherwise how would USCIS be knowing that I am eligible for a 7th year extension with a valid I-140 approval.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Archived