Need information for applying an EB2

Dear members,

First off I would like to thank all for contributing to such a wonderful forum and educating others with lots of immigration stuff.

I am a full time employee at my company and have requested them to apply for my GC on EB2 basis. The company told me that they need to change my title if they have to apply for a GC on EB2 and it costs them around 15000$ for applying on EB2.

My Information:

Education: I did my Masters in Computers and Information Science. (2006 Aug-2008 Dec)

Employment:

Company A: 2008 March to 2011 September as a full time employee

Company B: 2011 September to Current as full time employee

I am on H1B since 2009 October. But I have been working since 2008 March as a full time employee as I was on CPT from 2008 Jan to dec 2008 and OPT from 2009 Jan to october 2009

My total EMployment is: 4Yrs exactly in USA. So am I eligible for an EB2?

Also the company I am working for right now is a small company so they ended up saying that the lawyer said it would cost around 15000$ for filing on a EB2. So the company wants me to share 50% of the fee. Is the price for filing a GC on EB2 so high? All my friends got their GC's filed without paying a penny from their pocket. Is there a way that I can take this cost off of my pocket?

And per the lawyers recommendation they want to change my job title. I was hired as a SQL Server DBA so what would be an appropriate job title that best suits me for filing the GC without Hassle. I am asking this question because my manager or any higher management is not sure of what title is best appropriate.

Guys...I need your valuable inputs. Please advise

Thanks a bunch in advance

Archived