Need help in filing GC

baburam2011

I tried to understand by reading few articles and forum threads, I did't get clear information.

1) I am currently working for an Indian based IT company who will not process GC, and my Current Status is H1B Visa, 2 years completed and currently stamping is till 2013 March, my assumption is, my current company can easily file extension as my H1B VISA period (6 years) not finished and It will be approved, Is my assumption is correct? Is it impact any way for my GC if consultancy files?

2) I know other consultancy who is interested to file my GC and asking for documents. Can I continue with my current company and ask for consultancy to file GC? If they file can I continue till I get GC (or) up to what time I can stay with my current company?

3) Is consultancy need to inform to my current company about my GC filing?

4) My Details:

Education is – 4 Years degree (Biology) ( so 16 years education) + MCA (3 years)

Experience: 8 years.

Is my profile eligible for EB 2 (Level-2) category?

Thanks in advance for all the responses!!!

-Babu

Hi Babu,

Please find inline answers for your questions...

1) I am currently working for an Indian based IT company who will not process GC, and my Current Status is H1B Visa, 2 years completed and currently stamping is till 2013 March. Will it impact any way for my GC if consultancy files?

A) You can change companies, but make sure the company you are going to is a bigger firm/consultancy and it has more than 200 employees so that you don't get any kind of **** from U.S.C.I.S.

2) I know other consultancy who is interested to file my GC and asking for documents. Can I continue with my current company and ask for consultancy to file GC? If they file can I continue till I get GC (or) up to what time I can stay with my current company?

A) There are 3 Parts in getting a Green Card. 1) Labor, 2) i-140, 3) i-485. When the first part is in process you can work and be with any firm, But when the second part starts you should be with the company who filed / started your Green Card Process. After 180 days of second part commences, you can change companies again but with high caution only if you have the same job description. I strongly would not recommend this procedure unless you are with companies like Cisco, Intel, etc. since they do lot of Green Cards every year and can manipulate things as needed.

A) The answer for this is company A (which you are currently with) does not need any information about your new company nor it needs to know about your new company in anyway.

4) My Details:

Education is – 4 Years degree (Biology) ( so 16 years education) + MCA (3 years)

A) You do need to consult a good lawyer for this question since there are many small things which cannot be communicated in a blogs / forums.

*** One of my sincere advice to you ***

Please consult an immigration lawyer about this.

Hi Babu,

Please find inline answers for your questions...

1) I am currently working for an Indian based IT company who will not process GC, and my Current Status is H1B Visa, 2 years completed and currently stamping is till 2013 March. Will it impact any way for my GC if consultancy files?

A) You can change companies, but make sure the company you are going to is a bigger firm/consultancy and it has more than 200 employees so that you don't get any kind of **** from U.S.C.I.S.

A) There are 3 Parts in getting a Green Card. 1) Labor, 2) i-140, 3) i-485. When the first part is in process you can work and be with any firm, But when the second part starts you should be with the company who filed / started your Green Card Process. After 180 days of second part commences, you can change companies again but with high caution only if you have the same job description. I strongly would not recommend this procedure unless you are with companies like Cisco, Intel, etc. since they do lot of Green Cards every year and can manipulate things as needed.

A) The answer for this is company A (which you are currently with) does not need any information about your new company nor it needs to know about your new company in anyway.

4) My Details:

A) You do need to consult a good lawyer for this question since there are many small things which cannot be communicated in a blogs / forums.

*** One of my sincere advice to you ***

Please consult an immigration lawyer about this.

Archived