221g at Merida,Mexico on 27th March

sanredch

I attended my VISA interview at Merida,Mexico on 27th March.I am on EVC model.221g was given to me by VO for admin processing and requesting Copy of petition(the entire copy which you send to USCIS while applying) I have provided the docs there itself to the VO and still waiting.

Anyone with this sort of experience at Merida?

Thanks.

Very sad and sorry to hear your experience,

What were the questions asked before giving 221g, anything related to employee employer relationship?

For those planning to go to merida,

I would recommend going to vancover canada or anyother place in canada, in worst case you can share your accommodation of find cheaper tickets to India if the delay is longer. rather than paying 3000$+ to fly from mexico.

Thats my suggestion, again, we have to find out whats the reason for 221g or denial. (Related to Employee employer relationship or other.)

I came from Merida this afternoon. went there with a friend who had his visa interview scheduled yesterday. I recommended him to go there as it was very easy a month ago. But it seems everything has changed in a month's time. My friend was interviewed for more than 30 minutes and later was given 221g asking for H1b petition documents. There was another guy who is there in Merida for 40 days and still waiting to hear something and another guy was denied and his H1b was revoked. Its no more a cake walk there as it used to be.

@Paturi,

I am one of the guys who was issued 221g for admin processing and later after one week my petition is sent to USCIS for review again.Yes,there were lot of questions asked not only one Employee-Employer relation.It is all because of the same VO doing this if you are in EVC model.I didn't even change my client,working to them for the last 20 months.I am on my way to India now!

Not one question about employee employer relationship?

whats he looking for then? I thought most of the cases 221g given at other consulates is related to EVC model of working and employee employer relationship as to who controls the work. (even if we have all answers ready with docs, they will not be convinced.)

I was lucky! I was questioned about my employer and how many people work at his location. (I suspect question is raised based on the site visit by USCIS guy to my employer's work place, where he might have found few hrs and some management team in office.)

he made me wait, went inside and then told everything is ok and its approved. (the VO is old guy with white hair, there is this other young guy with black beard. he seem to be grilling ppl with questions and seem to be taking lot of time to interview each candidate. he mentioned later that he will be moving to HYD consulate in a year.)

When I was there, he was asking detailed question to a spanish guy, how an agricultural engineer is related to construction industry, and finally he issued him visa after 30 mins interview.

what sort of questions were stressed upon in your case? is it related to you, or your employers background?

any clue?

It is really confusing as to what these people are looking for. It seems like it is more than just the EE verification. They anyways verify it in detail while approving the petition. What are they trying to catch us on? If we have all the documents and are able to prove EE successfully on paper, the visa should be granted, PERIOD. If they are not doing it then it has nothing to do with the eligibility but it is something else.

• 1 year later...

Archived