N470 IT Consulting company

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I work in an IT company in US with offices in India(Mumbai/Banglore). Are IT companies eligible to apply for N470? On personal level i will be completing 1 year on GC before applying for the same.


The employer must be an American Company, and the emploment situation, must be of a types described in INA 316(b). YOU must be an LPR qualified as described in the law. See also 8 CFR 316.5 (d) and Matter of Chawathe 25 I&N Dec. 369 (AAO 2010) and Matter of Warrach, 17 I&N Dec. 285 (Reg. Comm’r 1979) at http://www.justice.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/lib_indecitnet.html

Lastly, you might want to search for an article entitled "A Note to Employers and their Counsel on the Use of USCIS Form N-470" which was published online Nov. 29, 2011. I would give you a link but this site would probably block it.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.