How long can a H1B approval go

naina1021

Hi,

If a person is on H1B with company-A and filed a H1 Transfer to company-B which gets approved. Now the person wants to be working with company-A for some more time because his PERM was filed via company-A it will get approved and then he can process I-140 in premium processing to lock the priority date.

Company-B has agreed to wait to take him on board untill his I-140 is approved via company-A.

I just wanted to check how many months/years the approved H1B from company-B will remain valid so that I can come to company-B payroll in future.

Regards,

@immigrationseeker

Is this legal to keep H1 Open, while person is not working on that H1? Wont USCIS cancell the H1 without Pay check? Is there examples in the past when H1 was still not revoked/cancelled by employer/USCIS when the person was not yet working on that H1.

Warm rgards

@immigrationseeker

Is this legal to keep H1 Open, while person is not working on that H1? Wont USCIS cancell the H1 without Pay check? Is there examples in the past when H1 was still not revoked/cancelled by employer/USCIS when the person was not yet working on that H1.

Warm rgards

USCIS will not cancel a h1. Its the responsibility of the company/employer to cancel/revoke the H1.

Archived