Will multiple H1 transfers affect greencard processing/questioning?

Hi,

I had this question to make further decision on what job opportunity to take up.

I am an IT consultant and my husband's GC is under processing. The priority date is Apr-2008 and not sure with the news of date to go back when we will receive it.

My status when I entered USA in 2010 Jan was H4, then got my H1 in Dec-2010. I moved back to H4 because of lack of prjt in Oct-2011. Current status = H4.

My Question here is I am having a very nice contract offer for 4+ months. If I take this I move from H4 to H1 and after 4 months, I mite do a H1 transfer to a new job/project.

So will this affect my green-card processing as I am doing multiple H1 transfers?

Please let me know. Because of lack of knowledge if this affects GC, I am unable to make decisions.

Appreciate your reply.

Hi,

Yes! We are hoping to get my Spouse's GC done in a yr or two ( hopefully if the dates dont retrogress in May)

And I am planning to do a couple of projects by then and wanted to be doubly sure that my H1 transfers dont affect our questioning at later stage.

Archived