H1B approved while in India and re-entered on H4-how can i do COS

sreejanair

I am on H4 and My H1b was approved while i was in india and the sponser told me to return back on h4 without stamping my approved H1(the reason he told was that the rejection rates in india are more-so we can do a change of status here in US). Now i am back on h4 and my employer is delaying the COS and also not willing to do the transfer nor marketing me.I am kind of stuck as what to do? if i approach some other employers with my approval notice(soft copy), can they do my COS? Will my current sponser get to know about my transfer? What all documents are required for a COS from H4 to H1? please help!

• 10 months later...

I am on H4 and My H1b was approved while i was in india and the sponser told me to return back on h4 without stamping my approved H1(the reason he told was that the rejection rates in india are more-so we can do a change of status here in US). Now i am back on h4 and my employer is delaying the COS and also not willing to do the transfer nor marketing me.I am kind of stuck as what to do? if i approach some other employers with my approval notice(soft copy), can they do my COS? Will my current sponser get to know about my transfer? What all documents are required for a COS from H4 to H1? please help!

Hi,

I have similar kind of situation.Please let me know how you resolved this?

Archived