petition approved in consular mode but currently working for company- illegal?

sambritish

Hi Guys, please help me out here.

I recently transfered my H1 to a reputed tier 1 company. I also started working for their direct client. Now my petition got approved under consular mode and the approval notice (I797B) is without I 94.

I understand that I need to go for visa stamping a.s.a.p,but my question is: all this while was I working illegally for this company? They are a reputed comapny and are also running my payroll.Im assuming they know the legalities better. But Im still worried.

please respond guys.

Thanks.

Sam.

You were ok while the H1 was pending. You have to stop working immediately, after the petition approval without COS.

Thanks JoeF. You are an active member. Its such a relief to see this response. I just have one question though. My petition was approved on Feb 16thth and my company takes the visa interview appointment which has caused delays due to availability of dates. Do you think I'm good enough to appear by mid April (2 months from issue of approval notice without COS). Also, I am currently working with my company so I believe I need to show the current paystubs to the VO.

Appreciate your response. Thanks

Archived