EAD with wrong photo,signature and finger print

drkjain83

I got my and my wife's EAD on Feb 29th. Her EAD had all the correct information. My EAD/AP card had my name, date of birth and address but had some body else's photo, signature and finger prints ( this I know as my finger printing was not done by then ! ) . My card also had a different "A" number that did not match the one on my other receipts.

I called up USCIS service center and the person on phone had no clue what to say. She just put in my complaint and asked me to wait for 15 days for a reply. She only told me that all she can see is on Feb 9th somehow my A number was changed (why, how ...she did not know ! ) I even wrote a mail that had all the details about the whole scenario and sent it to USCIS.

I had my finger print appointment next day, 1st march and I went for that. I explained the whole situation to the officer there and all he did was , he took back the wrong EAD card from me and asked me to give my finger print. He told me that he will go ahead and submit this card to USCIS .

After 15 days, I got a mail from USCIS that they have recorded my complaint and that they will look into this matter only when my 485 file is openend. Till then it will be pending.

From May 1st, 2012 the dates are retrogressing to 2007. My priority date is Dec 2008. I am not in a hurry to get my GC but atleast want to get my correct EAD card ( which is a combo card now with AP ) before they push back the dates as my EAD has already been approved !!! I feel I have the right to get a corrrect card as soon as possible. I have no idea whom to approach and where. Even my immigration lawyer had no clue about it and did not take any interest in this matter.

It has been over 3 weeks now and I have no idea what's going on ? Will going and speaking to a congressman help ?

Somebody please help !!!!

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me. Except in my case my wife’s picture and finger prints were shown up on my card. I am primary and my wife derivative on my I-485. My PD July 2007. And I am still waiting for my I-485 approval. I did my finger prints on Nov 9 2011 and my wife on November 10 2011. We received our EAD and AP combo cards on Dec 7, 2011. When we saw the mix up on the cards we checked our finger print notices and found out that my wife’s notice had same EAD SRC # same as mine. So when I did my finger prints on Nov 9th everything was fine. But when once my wife did her finger prints on Nov 10, all her information was recorded on my EAD SRC # and all my information was overwritten. So her EAD did not have finger prints or picture taken during her finger prints. All the information was correct though. Anyhow I called USCIS on Dec 12 and explained all this to the customer support. Of course like you said she had no idea what to say, but I explained her everything and she recorded everything I told and assigned a case #. For my wife though my attorney called USCIS and opened a case#. On Jan 5 2012 we received a letter from USCIS about the case and by Feb 6 2012 we sent both our original cards, copy of finger print notices and letter explaining all that happened. My attorney said it should take like 30-60 days for a response.

My attorney said it should not do anything to our I-485’s processing. And also the SRC# for our I-485’s were correct on the finger print notices. So hoping right information saved for our I-485’s. Meanwhile we received RFE and we already responded to that and waiting for our approvals. So I called my attorney last week and asked about if he heard anything from USCIS about our EAD’s. He said since my PD is current and I-485 file is in processing they will keep our EAD’s corrections as pending. For me it would be nice if our I-485’s approved. But if nothing happens in this week, I might call my attorney to get a reply from USCIS for our EAD’s first. For me its no big deal but, we should have applied for my wife’s SSN with her EAD before sending to USCIS. That way at least she can look for jobs.

Anyhow in your case I think your attorney should take some steps to fix that. I don’t know if can find if all the information for your I-485 is correct. Good luck

I called NCSC today to check on my stauts of EAD correction and the customer representative told me there is no time limit on this process and the case# (XXXXXXXXXXTSC)they gave me to process this correction is non-tracable. I tried to give her A# on the card and she says she cant get information based on that. The only number she said she can track is through the receipt # and when i gave her my SRCXXXXXXX, she said all she could see from that # is APPROVED STATUS. Which is ofcourse but with errors.

She said i can find status on this case, only thru writing a letter to USCIS requesting the time frame or status. However she also said to re-apply for EAD and AP only if the letter from USCIS said so. But the notice i recieved from USCIS said to send the original cards with that notice and a statement explaining the errors.

Meanwhile my attorney advised to re-apply for EAD and AP. And have no idea how long its going to take to get new cards again.

Members please share your thoughts.

Archived