H1B visa to Green Card

I am currently on H1B visa and filled for Green card in EB2 category, priority date December 2010. I got admission in a business school for pursuing Full-time MBA which will be starting this August. If I change my visa status to F1, my green card processing will be closed. The company which I am working for currently is not willing to sponsor for my studies. I got an offer from another company which is willing to sponsor my education. Could you please guide me on the following?

1. Can I pursue Full-time MBA on H1B visa? or should I change my visa status to F1?

2. If quit my current job and join the other company which will sponsor for my studies, is it possible to file for Green card in EB2 category maintaining my priority date?

3. Please help me how should I proceed to get my Green card in this situation.

please consult a lawyer.

yes, it is possible to study while on H1, you will need to satisfy H1 terms to maintain status.

yes, it is possible to port PD with an approved I-140.

if you have not applied I-485 yet, you will need to start GC from scratch (LC PERM and I-140). if you applied I-485 already, research AC21.

I am currently on H1B visa and filled for Green card in EB2 category, priority date December 2010. I got admission in a business school for pursuing Full-time MBA which will be starting this August. If I change my visa status to F1, my green card processing will be closed. The company which I am working for currently is not willing to sponsor for my studies. I got an offer from another company which is willing to sponsor my education. Could you please guide me on the following?

1. Can I pursue Full-time MBA on H1B visa? or should I change my visa status to F1?

2. If quit my current job and join the other company which will sponsor for my studies, is it possible to file for Green card in EB2 category maintaining my priority date?

3. Please help me how should I proceed to get my Green card in this situation.

Archived