H4 stamped after 7 months

Ksr_0810

Hi All,

Just want to share my experience with you all regarding H4 visa.

My wife is in US on her H1 visa and I applied for fresh H4 visa last year on 7th sep'11 at hyd cons.

VO officer asked general questions regarding my wife's employement and my marriage.

Then VO issued me blue 221g and returned my passport. VO said they wants to do admin process. No more documents asked. Every time I called VFS, I used to get only one respone that they would get back to me if they need my passport. After 7 months of painful wait, I got mail from Hyd consulate on 13th march'12 asking me to submit my passport. I submitted my passport on 15th March. Finally, I collected my passport stamped with H4 visa on 21st March. Visa start date was 19th March.

Guys, I read that some people approached congress man and senator. Do that first if you have any such contacts.It always works. But I don't have any such contacts and thats the reason it took me 7 months for my visa. Lot of things changed in these 7 months for me but finally something good to cheerup.Now looking to rework to set the things right again.

Anyone, please let me know about immigration questions.

Regards

KSR

Hi Ksr_0810,

A lot of people have told me that contacting the senator or congressman doesn't really work. But you said that it always works. I have my visa pending since 2 months now, and I was planning to contact the senator. Can you (& any experts on murthy forums) please advise me whether I should go ahead and contact the senator or not?

Hi Krisswaves,

If you are local to Hyd then send your wife Hyd only. If you go to Chennai cons being local to hyd then should be ready to give the reason for that. To my opinion, non working spouse can get H4 visa easily when compared to skilled spouse. For hyd cons, check whether we should submit our docs 4 days prior or not. In my case my wife employer has taken care.

Hi mk2245,

I have seen people personally and learnt on forums that thet got visa stamping with the help of senator / congressman. Or atleast you will get latest update on your pending case.

I just said that if you have any such contacts then use it. Don't leave any stone un turned bro.

Hi dmuvvala,

Buddy please let us know the updates. Hope for the best.

Regards

KSR

• 2 weeks later...

Archived