Timelines for new H1 from now until October 2012

desi1000

Friends

I have been to USA for 6 years (and exhausted my H1B visa completely) and now am again planning to file for a new H1B visa through my earlier employer. I have already completed more than 1 year of stay outside of USA as per the rules.

Now my questions are -

1. The procedure for H1 when I went there earlier was pretty straight forward so I have no idea how the new quota system and advance booking of H1B visas work. Can somebody please give me timelines as to how this procedure will work, starting from now until October 2012 when I can enter USA (when will I get the petition, when can I go for stamping, when can I at the earliest enter USA etc.)?

2. If we do a premium processing, how exactly does it affects this quota system? Can I enter USA earlier than October if I apply for premium processing?

Please let me know! Thanks in advance!!

please consult a lawyer.

the current process is straightforward, uscis starts accepting h1 application (subject to cap) on 4/1/2012 with earliest start date of 10/1/2012 for fiscal year 2013. approved petitions can come to US as early as 10 days before start date (h1 visa stamp is required).

you still need to wait for 10/1 (or 10 days earlier) when you applied on 4/1 with PP.

Friends

I have been to USA for 6 years (and exhausted my H1B visa completely) and now am again planning to file for a new H1B visa through my earlier employer. I have already completed more than 1 year of stay outside of USA as per the rules.

Now my questions are -

1. The procedure for H1 when I went there earlier was pretty straight forward so I have no idea how the new quota system and advance booking of H1B visas work. Can somebody please give me timelines as to how this procedure will work, starting from now until October 2012 when I can enter USA (when will I get the petition, when can I go for stamping, when can I at the earliest enter USA etc.)?

2. If we do a premium processing, how exactly does it affects this quota system? Can I enter USA earlier than October if I apply for premium processing?

Please let me know! Thanks in advance!!

Generally, cap subject petitions may begin to be filed starting April 2, 2012 with a request for an October 1, 2012 start date. Generally, consular officers may issue the H1B visa with a validity date that is ten (10) days prior to the H1B start date on the I-797 approval notice. Most consulates will allow an applicant to apply for the visa well in advance of the H1B start date and will indicate that the visa is not valid for entry until a specific date. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the timeline for filing your new H1B petition.

hey thanks for your replies!!

Attorney_10 - I hope when you say "well in advance" for the visa application before October, that means 6-8 weeks in advance? I have to accordingly give notice to my current employer and give my earliest arrival date to the client in USA.

Of course, my employer is hiring a attorney in USA, but I needed this information for all the procedures to be done in India as the attorneys in USA lack that knowledge.

Archived