Question 11 of the I765 - Unused OPT EAD card

sunil838

Hello Experts,

Appreciate if you can help me with this.

I am on H4 and filling out the EAD form I-765 for my AOS, along with my husband who is the primary applicant. 5yrs ago I came to the US on F1 and after graduation I applied for OPT, I got my OPT Card but never used it, as I went back to India.

On Question 11 of the I765, it asks if I have ever applied for employment authorization? Because I did not work on OPT, is this Yes or No? (I guess, It's Yes,as I still have the expired OPT card with me)

Also it asks for which USCIS office granted the OPT card and when? How do I find this out. All that I have on the OPT card is Valid from date - Valid till date. I don't remember when I applied for it.

Regarding question 11, the answer should be "Yes" since you applied for it. Additionally, the first three letters of the Receipt Number as noted on the OPT card indicate the Service Center where you applied, for example SRC would be the Texas Service Center, and EAD would be the Vermont Service Center. If you have additional questions it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney.

• 3 years later...

Regarding question 11, the answer should be "Yes" since you applied for it. Additionally, the first three letters of the Receipt Number as noted on the OPT card indicate the Service Center where you applied, for example SRC would be the Texas Service Center, and EAD would be the Vermont Service Center. If you have additional questions it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney.

Hi Attorney_22,

Thanks for your answer. I had same query and you answered it. I have one more question. What documentation should you attach regarding this question( they have asked in the same question for documentation if granted). I was planning to attach the copy of old EAD card that we received. Any other relevant documents that you would suggestion like I 120 etc ?

Archived