H1B to Green card rules?

jerseycity83

I have been on L1-B visa for the past 5 years. My current employer (IT consulting firm) recently filed for change of status from L1B to H1B. My H1-B is valid from March 2012 till July 2013 (since I completed 5 years on L1b in Feb 2012).

Now, I plan to approach my client for a fulltime employee position and had the below questions :-

1. Will I need 3 months of pay slips on H1B with my current employer before my client firm can transfer my H1B visa?

1. If yes, I will have around 14 months remaining on my H1B after spending 3 months with my current employer. Is that enough time for my client to start with my green card filing?

1. Since, I did the change of status from L1 to H1 while in the US, I haven’t gotten the visa stamped yet. Will I need to go to India to stamp this H1 before transferring to the new employer(client)?

Thanks a lot in advance. Appreciate the help and guidance.

• 2 weeks later...

My case is almost same. I am filing GC and my first H1B from student is just approved until 2014. Can I file GC without going to India for H1B stamping? When will I usually get EAD if I file LC this week? Do I need to go for stamping if I go to India on EAD?

Please advice me ASAP....

Archived