Why H1B visa stamping not in US??

desidesmoines

Hi,

While I was preparing my documentation and getting ready to go for my H1B stamping, my manager asked me why you have to go to some other country for stamping when you are physically working in U.S and when you are about to show the same documents at the consulate which you have submitted in the petition.

What do you guys say about this? I think what he said was correct.

Visas are entry documents. They are issued only by US Consulates, which are part of the Department of State.

A long time back, there was a possibility to get visas renewed in the US, by sending all the documents to the DOS. The government stopped that at some point, I think in the wake of 9/11.

I had done my stamping in NY in 2004. I was lucky to get it stamped for which the last day was 2004 July 16. I did it by sending my passport in mail.

I got my passport back with H1 stamp on it. That facility has been removed after that.

I had done my stamping in NY in 2004. I was lucky to get it stamped for which the last day was 2004 July 16. I did it by sending my passport in mail.

I got my passport back with H1 stamp on it. That facility has been removed after that.

if I remember correctly that was only for visa renewal..not for first time F1-H1 stamp..

But these days I have came across many people saying that they received 221g or their case is put on hold etc,etc. My question is,

when H1B visa petition was approved then why they are denied during the interview when they submit same documents while filing the petition and at the interview?

I guess some are lucky than others. It shouldn't be but it is what it is.

But these days I have came across many people saying that they received 221g or their case is put on hold etc,etc. My question is,

when H1B visa petition was approved then why they are denied during the interview when they submit same documents while filing the petition and at the interview?

The peitiion is handled by USCIS, part of the Department of Homeland Security, the consulates are part of the Department of State. The consular officers have the discretionary power to deny visas, even if the petition was approved.

Archived