H1b stamp from old employer and going out of US

Prashanth0081

Hi,

I am a H1b holder, After my H1b approval, I went to India and got my H1b stamp done. Recently, I changed my job and my new employer transferred my H1b, but this time I did not go to India to get stamped.

Now, my employer want to send me to UK for a week and I got my UK visitor visa. my question is, can I go to UK and come back to US, since I don't have my H1b stamp done for my new employer. Will the US allow me to enter the country with the H1b stamp from my old employer.

Thanks in advance,

Prashanth.

please consult a lawyer,

yes, you can use your valid (not expired) h1 visa from your previous employer together with your recent h1 approval notice from your current employer to enter the US.

Hi,

I am a H1b holder, After my H1b approval, I went to India and got my H1b stamp done. Recently, I changed my job and my new employer transferred my H1b, but this time I did not go to India to get stamped.

Now, my employer want to send me to UK for a week and I got my UK visitor visa. my question is, can I go to UK and come back to US, since I don't have my H1b stamp done for my new employer. Will the US allow me to enter the country with the H1b stamp from my old employer.

Thanks in advance,

Prashanth.

Archived