Work from Home- H1B

itsraj

Hello,

I am working with my employer XXX and client XXX from past three years. Last year April my stamping was rejected and my application was sent for possible revocation. In OCtober 2011, I got an confirmation email from USCIS letting me know that my h1b has been reapproved and sent for visa processing. My client was kind enough to grant WFH. So I am WFH from April,2011 from India. Recently my employer got a letter from USCIS titled "Intent of revocation" and was noted by my employer that my h1b has been revoked and they are not going to appeal. As a result of this my employer transfred me to there other branch in India and said they would run my payroll in India from April,2012 and also I would be shown as a offshore head count & offsite resource. I still have my project with my client XXX and now I will be paid in INR instead of running my payroll in USA. My client XXX and Vendor XXX are aware that I am working from India. Is this leagl? By law, am I allowed to do this? or should I ask my employer to do a new paper work witht he vendor letting him know the situation. Please advice!!!

Archived