Change in employer on H1B

Hello,

I am working for a company on H1 and now got job in new company. New employer told me once I receive H1b receipt from USCIS then I can start working. If I file in premium by paying around $1200 extra, how soon I can expect the receipt and final approval. Is there any difference in receiving initial receipt from USCIS if filed with or without premium processing?

Please suggest. Thank you very much.

Irrespective of whether you go for regular or premium processing, receiving receipt number takes same time, it all matters after you receive the receipt number i.e. if you go for premium processing then you should get approval with in 15 days other wise it generally takes 2 to 3 months time for getting approval.

@mhnlrd

Partially Wrong:

For premium processing, USCIS first send email to attorney about receipt number & other details & then send hard copy. Once attorney gets that email, you can join new employer even though you did not received the hard copy.

For regular processing, USCIS just sends hard copy & to get hard copy it takes approx 1 week to 3 weeks. Though you can join new employer after 2-3 days once the h1b transfer application package is delivered to USCIS. So, its always better to send thru FedEx or UPS.

Archived