Notice for Suspension,221G,returned to USCIS for Reconsideration

nefan

Hello,

I attended my Visa Stamping interview in Ottawa,ON two weeks ago and was issued this letter after some processing.

The letter reads something like this:

Section 221G of the INA prohibits a consular officer from issuing the Visa to an alien if the conular officer has reason to believe that the alien is ineligible.Based on indications that petition XXXXXX contains inaccurate information, we are returning it to the USCIS for review and possible revocation. if USCIS determines that the information we are providing constitutes sufficient foundation for initiating revocation proceedings, you will be sent a notice of intent to revoke.

Now,Good or bad, I know this takes about 8 months or a year for this to be completed.

But my doubts are:

What are my options or what my next steps be? I am in EVC model.

Can i still work for my client as he is very desperate for me to work from India?

Can i be paid in US dollars for the work i do?

Please let me know as i am kind of dazed and confused about all this.

Thanks.

=> Next step wait for 8 months to one year or USCIS to get back to your employer and the reappear for interview if USCIS reaffirms.

Can i still work for my client as he is very desperate for me to work from India?

=> Yes, but not sure for how long as filing taxes could get complicated, where would you be filing taxes in US or India? Earning in US staying and probably getting paid in India.

Yes, in your US bank act like before, again not sure how long. You surely can't work post USCIS revocation in case of one.

Best option - while you wait - get your client to file a new petition - or at least vendor

You can work from India. Many are working remotely. That really helps instead of being idle.

I know "rajthewizard1 at gmail dot com" worked from India for more than a year and he got his stamping done a week back and he is going back to US now. Mail him and find out how he managed regarding taxes working from India.

Meanwhile try to have your client sponsor your H1 as a full time. That is a sure getter of Visa.

Hello,

I attended my Visa Stamping interview in Ottawa,ON two weeks ago and was issued this letter after some processing.

The letter reads something like this:

Section 221G of the INA prohibits a consular officer from issuing the Visa to an alien if the conular officer has reason to believe that the alien is ineligible.Based on indications that petition XXXXXX contains inaccurate information, we are returning it to the USCIS for review and possible revocation. if USCIS determines that the information we are providing constitutes sufficient foundation for initiating revocation proceedings, you will be sent a notice of intent to revoke.

Now,Good or bad, I know this takes about 8 months or a year for this to be completed.

But my doubts are:

Please let me know as i am kind of dazed and confused about all this.

Thanks.

Sorry about what has happened to you.

Would you mind giving more details on things like:

EVC

Client letter

LCA

H1 amended or not?

• 7 months later...

Actually I am on the same situation I got 221g at ottawa they asked me to return to the embassy today and they have informed me that they have revoked my H1 B and sent for the USCIS for further review .Can any one tell me how much time does it gonna take to get the reaffirmation and can i contact any one for this process ? what is the next step for me to do so?

Can any one give their email ids who has undergone this kind of situation and got succefully stamped ?

Actually I am on the same situation I got 221g at ottawa they asked me to return to the embassy today and they have informed me that they have revoked my H1 B and sent for the USCIS for further review .Can any one tell me how much time does it gonna take to get the reaffirmation and can i contact any one for this process ? what is the next step for me to do so?

Can any one give their email ids who has undergone this kind of situation and got succefully stamped ?

Archived