I-485 receipts and other mails from UCCIS...

zak74

Hi,

My PD Nov 2008 EB2-I. My I-485 was filed today.

I may move from my current location in 2 weeks to a different state. But my apartment lease will be valid for another 2 months. So I can return and pick-up mails.

My current apartment is allocated a small mail box.

1. What type of mail is used by USCIS to send receipts and other communications? Is it normal mail or signature confirmation?

2. If it's a larger envelop, where will it be delivered?

3. Will mail forwarding work?

Thanks

Z

Regular (#10) envelopes.

What you want to do is to change your address to your new address on the I-485 petition first. About a month later, take an InfoPass and ask if your address got updated. When your lease is up, file a change of address form with the USPS.

Regular (#10) envelopes.

What you want to do is to change your address to your new address on the I-485 petition first. About a month later, take an InfoPass and ask if your address got updated. When your lease is up, file a change of address form with the USPS.

Thanks Belle. How to update the address in I-485 petition? Does my attorney have to do it? Can it be done online?

Also, today my check for the I-485 fees was deducted from my account by USCIS. Does this mean anything?

It looks like there will be retrogession for EB2-IC in May or June visa bulletin. Will this affect my GC prospects?

Archived