I485 RFE- Missing Influenza vacine

sidharth07

Hi

Got an RFE on my I-485. The RFE states that the vaccine record has missing influenza vaccine.

1) DO I need to re-take the entire medical test once again and send the new I-693? The RFE clearly states that the vaccination section of I-693 has missing Influenza vaccine . It states that I need to take the form returned to the same civil surgoen who would adminsiter the missig vaccine and fill up the required section of the Vaccination record of i-693 and return it to USCIS

Any suggestions/similar experience.? I got my medical test done in Feb 2011, so the medical test is more than a year old. The RFE does not state anything about the fact that medical is more than a year old.

appreciate any replies

You just have to take your sealed medical envelope you got from USCIS to your Immigration Doctor and ask him to update the medical form I-693 and you take flu shot and get sealed envelope and send to uscis.

I have got my same INFLUENZA RFE on Feb 9,2012

I took flu shot and took sealed envelope to the doctor and showed my flu shot record and asked to update the form. Doctor updated the same form and sealed it and gave me. I sent to my attroney and attorney prepared everything and sent to USCIS Feb 21, 2012. My RFE Responce Review changed on Feb 23, 2012.

I have got my 485 approvals on Mar 2, 2012 and received physical cards on Mar 9, 2012.

You just have to take your sealed medical envelope you got from USCIS to your Immigration Doctor and ask him to update the medical form I-693 and you take flu shot and get sealed envelope and send to uscis.

I have got my same INFLUENZA RFE on Feb 9,2012

I took flu shot and took sealed envelope to the doctor and showed my flu shot record and asked to update the form. Doctor updated the same form and sealed it and gave me. I sent to my attroney and attorney prepared everything and sent to USCIS Feb 21, 2012. My RFE Responce Review changed on Feb 23, 2012.

I have got my 485 approvals on Mar 2, 2012 and received physical cards on Mar 9, 2012.

Hi Excellent

Thanks for reply. Congrats on your card. I had one question though.

1) When did you take your medical test first ? if you had taken it a year or so back, then it is possible that the form that you sent earlier was old fomat. if that is the case, sdd your civil surgeon fill up the new I-693 form or updated the same form ? if you had taken your medical test recently, then you may have submitted the new format.

When I took the form to the doctor, he hold me that when I had taken this medical test ( Jan 2011), at that time the I-693 form format was different. So even if he updates the old form ( that USCIS had retuend), it is likely that they may sent it back again, tellig it to be filled in new form. So he filled up new form with the updated shot record and all other information, although the dates for all test are the same , along wiht the doctor signature date which is same as old form. Only the date on the influenza shot record sats it was administered today ( 03/09/2012)

Any suggestions?

thanks

Just wanted to add, always follow the USCIS instructions, and never try to read into them what's not there. If it does not explicitly say so, it ain't so.

Hi Belle

Thanks for reply. Appreciate your clarification. Only reason of asking was to confirm . The RFE was amply clear and I did exaclty the same.

I had one question though. When I took my medicals for first time , it was filled up in the old format ( I took it in Jan 2011). The civil surgoen told that if I send the same old format ( the medicals retunred by USCIS), with updated Influenza vaccine recors, there is a possiblity that it me be returned once again . It is best to fill up the new format of I-693. hence he filled up the few format of form with the information as it was there in the returned form. the dates of taking the bood test and all other reports remain same as it was in the old form, only the date of administering Influenza vaccine is of today. Hope this should be fine.

any thoughts?

regds

Sidharth

Belle

I am asking a simple question. Should the updated medical form be submitted in the latest format or the earlier format. As per the civil surgoen, I should send it in latest format, . I ak sure he must have done similar rfe earlier ,.so he must have some idea about it.

Rfe does not say it should be in latest format, but is there anything written in black and white as to what is uscis expectation?

Archived