Anyone with I-140 priority date porting issue?

prabhu14

Hi,

Anyone with I-140 approved but old priority date not ported. Please share your expereinces, so we all can know whats hapenning and share our situation experiences. My situations is as follows:

Company A:

Labor approved in EB3 with PD 07/07/2008

I-140 approved on 01/09/2009

Company B:

Labor approved in EB2 with PD 06/10/2011

I-140 approved on 02/15/2012 with PD 06/10/2011, PD from my old I-140 did not ported.

Company A did not cancel or revoked old I-140.

Please suggest how to proceed for porting my old PD to the new I-140.

Thanks in advance to all.

Thanks,

Prabhu.

Anil,

Thank you for your reply. My attorney sent lettter requesting to port the priority date and it's been 3 weeks. What are the chances that the new I-140 with updated priority date gets approved in 2 weeks. Do you think I should wait for little longer? What are my next steps if we don't receive the new I-140 with updated prority date? Please suggest your valuable suggestions/opinons.

Anyone else in the same situation and how long did it take to the new I-140 with updated PD?

Thanks,

Prabhu.

• 1 month later...

I am in the same situation. It has been over a month and a half since I got my 140 approval. We have raised a SR and have not heard anything. My attorney told that it could be a typo and spoke to USCIS service rep, and it is past the time they mentioned and still no reply.

However, my attorney says that this should not stop us from filing for 485 when dates are current because the dates must be fine "internally" Also he mentioned that there is some law that states, when there is an old priority date available then that can be used (I am not sure about the exact statement).

• 6 years later...

All,

I already have a old, valid and approved I-140 with Priority date of June 2014 in EB2 category. Recently  I-140 was approved in EB1 category however PD dates are not ported and shown as current Mar 2019. Is there any email id I need to update USCIS team?

How long does rectification takes and do I need to wait for I-485 filing until then as it is current for 2014 in EB1 category.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Ram

Archived