L1A for software project managers

mukeshinchina

I worked in USA with a company for around 4 years. My H1B visa was expiring early 2011. When they were about to file my GC in 2010, the company lawyer suggested my executives to send me to office outside USA to stay for 365 days after Feb 2011 and bring me back on L1A visa.

I am working as a project manager for the same company outside USA now since early 2011.

(I joined this company in USA in 2006, so I have a total 6 years experience with this company and over all 13 years of experience)

Recently the company is acquired by a NYSE registered company.

Can someone help me on these questions?

1. Can the project manager title provide me a L1A visa?
  2. How much will be the GC charges for me and my wife?– government fees and attorney fee?
  3. If I get L1A, will my GC be filed in EB1 category? How long it will take to get the GC thru L1A?
  4. How many stages of GC processes can be bypassed thru L1A visa and do we need to specifically call them out while filling L1A? Any additional fees for that?
  5. If project manager is not enough for L1A, and company files for L1B, how long it takes to get GC thru L1B? Can I still file GC in EB1C?
  6. Does L1B has any advantage for GC over H1B?

The government does not determine whether a person in a manager or executive based upon his or her job title. Rather, the government looks at the individual's job duties.

A person in L1A status may be eligible to apply for lawful permanent residency through the EB1C category, but not necessarily. You should schedule a consult with an experienced attorney who can review the specifics of your situation and provide you with a detailed analysis.

Archived