H1 To H4 possibility

aishteegala

Hi,

I got my H1 approved and Valid from 02/25/2012 with initially entering US on H4 in 2009.

My existing H4 is valid until September 2012.

I want to change back to H4 after failing many unfruitful job attempts.

I do not have any paystubs since it has only been approved ~10 days ago.

I would like to know the possible ways through which I can get my Status changed to H4.

Will I be issued any queries what so ever(like pay etc) by USCIS. In case it is about Pay, how would I go by replying to the query?

Will my employer be a hurdle? Can he object to this process if he comes to know that I have applied for a status change? WHat can be done?

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Hi,

I got my H1 approved and Valid from 02/25/2012 with initially entering US on H4 in 2009.

My existing H4 is valid until September 2012.

I want to change back to H4 after failing many unfruitful job attempts.

I do not have any paystubs since it has only been approved ~10 days ago.

I would like to know the possible ways through which I can get my Status changed to H4.

Will I be issued any queries what so ever(like pay etc) by USCIS. In case it is about Pay, how would I go by replying to the query?

Will my employer be a hurdle? Can he object to this process if he comes to know that I have applied for a status change? WHat can be done?

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Small Correction: My H4 was valid until September 2011. So I need a stamp if I leave the country.

You said like, your H4 is valid untill Sep 2011, and you got approval on Feb 25th 2012.

So in between are you out of staus from Sep 2011 to Feb 2012?

You can try for Change of Status from H1 to H4, since you are employed from Feb 25th 2012, your employer should pay you from Feb 25th.

so while applying for CoS, you need to keep atleast one pay check as you are employed from Feb 25th.

You said like, your H4 is valid untill Sep 2011, and you got approval on Feb 25th 2012.

So in between are you out of staus from Sep 2011 to Feb 2012?

You can try for Change of Status from H1 to H4, since you are employed from Feb 25th 2012, your employer should pay you from Feb 25th.

so while applying for CoS, you need to keep atleast one pay check as you are employed from Feb 25th.

Sorry,

I meant my H4 stamp is valid until September 11, My H4 visa is valid until October 2012.

Unfortunately I do not have a job and that is the reason why I am looking for a change of status to H4. Also that is the reason why I am applying for H4 ASAP.

Archived