H4 Issue in Chennai Consulate

varunsai

Hi,

My Wife have attended H4 Visa in chennai consulate on March 1st 2012 and

she was said that they need some clarification on my H1 petition with the employer

and sh will receive the passport in 2 to 3 weeks.

Actually i have been working with the same employer since i reached USA and

recently i have moved to other state after working in same state since 3 and half years

where my employer is located.

I am in the second extension of H1 valid till sep 2013

I have all the documents and VO did not asked any more documents after a normal questions

he told the above.

let me know any one faced this situation and help how to respond

If your employer didn't send the H1B amendment I129 application form, he can send it now.

the fee is 300 dollars only. Since you have already had new LCA from new state, it may not take much time to prepare the documentation and send them to USCIS.

and the query for your wife, it may or may not be related to this. But one the safer side, it will be good you send the H1B amendmenet application to USCIS.

Generally these days Varun, it is so common to give 221g when we are doing EC or EVC model. Take to your employer attorney too...,

Thanx for the Information, i will talk to employer and ask him to file H1B Amendment.

I just want to know how the Consulate people contact the employer, either by email or phone,

or the USCIS will contact my employer for the information consulate people required.

Any Information on this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My wife attended H4 visa intw on 2-apr-2012 at chennai consulate. VO asked general qns , checked marriage album and asked for payslips , tax returns. After checking payslips for 6 months , he said he Need detailed payslips. Gave 221g green asking 12 months payslips , bank stmts, 2011 W2 , 2011 tax returns.

After returning back to consulate with all docs, they called inside VO office and they asked to submit docs in Vfs. Submitted them in Vfs same day. Waiting for reply.

It took 3 months for my visa stamping and got visa in Jan first week. Now within 2 months my wife's visa is stuck ;(. Anybody had similar experience ? I hoping to get reply in 2 weeks and another week after submitting passport. So that we can travel to US together. My dad went for B1/2 same day and got approved with general qns.

Any update is greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

My wife attended H4 visa intw on 2-apr-2012 at chennai consulate. VO asked general qns , checked marriage album and asked for payslips , tax returns. After checking payslips for 6 months , he said he Need detailed payslips. Gave 221g green asking 12 months payslips , bank stmts, 2011 W2 , 2011 tax returns.

After returning back to consulate with all docs, they called inside VO office and they asked to submit docs in Vfs. Submitted them in Vfs same day. Waiting for reply.

It took 3 months for my visa stamping and got visa in Jan first week. Now within 2 months my wife's visa is stuck ;(. Anybody had similar experience ? I hoping to get reply in 2 weeks and another week after submitting passport. So that we can travel to US together. My dad went for B1/2 same day and got approved with general qns.

Any update is greatly appreciated.

Hi Varun ,

Any update on the visa ? Is this happening only in Chennai Consulate or also in the hyderabad consulate ?

Did the VO take her Passport also?

Archived