H1B Extension approved,Not Stamped, If travelling to India will there be issue in H1B transfer?

soniya26

I am currently with Employer A.My H1B visa extension has been approved and received the docs till Feb 2014.But stamping has not been done yet as I have not left US.

Now I have received an offer from Employer B. (March 2012).

I have to travel to India in June 2012.

Question 1: If Employer B completes H1b transfer before I travel to India and If I do not get any docs from Employer A.Are the docs provided by my Employer B enough for the stamping ?

Question 2: If my transfer is in progress.Can I travel back from India with my Employer B's receipt documents and Employer A's visa stamping.

• 2 weeks later...

1) For stamping you need all documents from your current employer, in your case if your new H1b approved from employer B than yes you need all docs from Employer B. its better to keep all old h1b approvals and paystubs from previous employer/s.

2) Yes , you need a valid stamp when you enter in US. it doesnt matter which employer. When you enter in US at that time if your Employer B's H1b approved than you need both H1b approval old and new@ entry. If not approved than just keep the reciept.

Archived