I-130 and K-3 or AOS after arrival?

I am a US citizen and my husband is Turkish. We married in the US in late January; he entered the US at that time on his B visa which is valid for several more years. He returned to Turkey in early February because he is currently doing a fellowship in Turkey which ends in mid-June. When that ends, we plan for him to come to the US and become a permanent resident. My sister's wedding is in early July and we want to attend this family event together.

Initially, we panicked because the processing time for the I-130 is 5 months so even if we file this week, he won't likely receive a visa by late July. Then, I saw that I can request a K-3 visa for him after filing the I-130. But I looked at the processing time for a K-3 and it's even longer! Another option is to file nothing now, have him to enter the US on his B visa and then file the I-130 and I-485 at that point. But will they allow him to enter if he comes on a one-way ticket with next to no ties to Turkey? I don't want to buy a ticket for him to come and have him be turned back.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Am I just stuck waiting for the I-130 or K-3 to come through? Can he enter the US on his B just to attend the wedding while we're waiting? Thank you for any advice!

Amy

Archived