I-94 and I-797 dates

h1btransfer08

Hi all..

I think this questions might have been asked several times.I have couple of questions.

Please help me with this issues.

1)

last year i moved from company A to B. I got a I-797 with expiry date of ""09/30/2013.""

before moving to company B,I have my H1B visa stamped,my H1B visa expiration date as ""12/27/2012""

2 weeks back i went to india and retured back,In port of entry (HOUSTON) the visa officer gave

me I-94 with H1B visa expiration date as ""12/27/2012"".

I think it is wrong, i need to get I-94 with my I-797 expiration date, Is that correct?

How can i fix this? Can i go to the local USCIS office to fix the date?

****I still have the I-94 which i get with my new 797 (company B), I didn't left it

when i am leaving to india, even the Immigration officer didn't tear that I-94 card *******

2) Do my wife get the same I-94 date as me?

When i moved from company A to B last year, Company B didn't applied for the extension for her?

so she still has 12/17/2012 I 94 card.

Do i need to apply extension to her?

or

when i go to the USCIS office to fix my I-94 date, can the Visa officer give the I-94 to

my wife with the same visa date as mine?

• your I94 was given with 12/17/2012 date due to the end date on the visa stamp.you have to request a new I94 for extension of your status. Please consult an immigration attorney for the steps
  • your wife should have a different I94# in the I797A-H4 document (I539 form). if it is her first time coming to usa, then white card (i94) should be stapled to her passport.
  • Yes extension should be filed for your wife too.if not, she will be out of status
  • it is your responsibility to handover the I94 document while boarding international flight, however this is not mandatory if you travel by land/air as the travel records are kept by CBP.

Hi all..

I think this questions might have been asked several times.I have couple of questions.

Please help me with this issues.

1)

last year i moved from company A to B. I got a I-797 with expiry date of ""09/30/2013.""

before moving to company B,I have my H1B visa stamped,my H1B visa expiration date as ""12/27/2012""

2 weeks back i went to india and retured back,In port of entry (HOUSTON) the visa officer gave

me I-94 with H1B visa expiration date as ""12/27/2012"".

I think it is wrong, i need to get I-94 with my I-797 expiration date, Is that correct?

How can i fix this? Can i go to the local USCIS office to fix the date?

****I still have the I-94 which i get with my new 797 (company B), I didn't left it

when i am leaving to india, even the Immigration officer didn't tear that I-94 card *******

2) Do my wife get the same I-94 date as me?

When i moved from company A to B last year, Company B didn't applied for the extension for her?

so she still has 12/17/2012 I 94 card.

Do i need to apply extension to her?

or

when i go to the USCIS office to fix my I-94 date, can the Visa officer give the I-94 to

my wife with the same visa date as mine?

You should have got an I-94 till 09/30/2013. Did you show the approval notice of Company B to the officer and if he refused did you try speaking to his supervisor or you just did not notice this until you were out of the immigration area?

You can try CBP inspection site to get this changed or file extension or go out of country and come back with Company B's stamp.

Archived