Is my H1B 7th year extension valid?

member2009

Hi,

My employer applied for my H1B extension in March 2011 (my 5th year of H1/L1) for the remaining H1 period of one year (I will complete my 6 years in Aug 2012) as well as for the additional one year (7th year) in the same application since my labor which was applied in Feb 2009 was audited/pending for more than one year at the time of H1B filing. The H1B extension was approved for 2 years until August 2013, which included the 7th year.

However, my audited labor was later denied in March 2011 (after H1B was filed) due to a missing roving component in the Job duties. My employer re-filed a new labor in July 2011 which got approved and subsequently filed I-140 in premium processing which also got approved in Nov 2011.

My question is:

1. Even though my H1B extension for the 7th year was approved due to the fact that my labor was pending for more than one year, is this extension valid since the labor was later denied?

2. Do I have to reapply for the 7th year extension again before the completion of my 6 years or can I wait until 2013 i.e. 6 months prior to the completion of already approved 7th year and then apply for additional extension, using my approved I-140?

Thanks for all the experts and attorneys who have been helping out in this forum.

Archived