Employer is not running payroll Since I am on my H1B

harsha

HI can any one suggest me since I got my H1B my Employer is not running payroll will it be a problem for me in future as I am in india since Sept 10 2011. I am looking to come back to US, I have my stamping done. So I am curious to know if there is any rule stating that a H1B holder should not stay away from US for more than six months i.e is it an issue if I come back after six months as I have no paystubs. What kind of documentation do I need to carry for port entry in USA. It would be very helpful if you reply to my question.

THANKING YOU for all each and every one who reply's me back.

If you are on leave of absence without pay as per the initial offer of your employment and if your employer+yourself can establish that fact, then you are OK,if not you are out of status. AT POE office will not ask for paystubs. All you need is 797+visa stamp on passport and a letter from your employer addressing to POE

Coolguy

First of all you have not mentioned ur history abt previous stamping and employment in US or your stay in US in past..As far as the rules concerned IDK . Offer letter and someone on the desk from your employer who can reply promptly when u are stuck at airport is must if you gonna try to come here.This is just from from friends' experience ok ?

Archived