Concurrent filling after labor - I 140 and 485

Rose1974

I have my previous I 140 appoved from Company A (PD 11/2007) . New company is filling Labor for me once the labor is approved as per my lawyer I can do concurrect filling on I 140 and 485.

At that time can I file my I 140 on the premium processing to avoid 6 months delay. so that My 485 can be processed right away once 140 is approved in premium.

Please suggest

Your employer will be filing I-140. Yes, they (not you) can file premium processing.

It is not clear if a fast I-140 approval will speed up the I-485 approval in any way. I don't know where you got the information about a 6 month delay, but it is certainly not true. For example, my I-140 was approved in less than two week (and it was not even premium), and concurrently filed I-485 took 20 months, and while being current all the way through.

• 6 months later...

Your employer will be filing I-140. Yes, they (not you) can file premium processing.

It is not clear if a fast I-140 approval will speed up the I-485 approval in any way. I don't know where you got the information about a 6 month delay, but it is certainly not true. For example, my I-140 was approved in less than two week (and it was not even premium), and concurrently filed I-485 took 20 months, and while being current all the way through.

Please what are the factors that determines the processing time for I 485 and why is it that your takes 20 months before you got approval? In my situation, I got a dependant child that needs to go to the University next year (He is here with me in the States on H4) I am afraid of the tution fees and I don't want him to be treated as an international student regarding tutition fees. Once got I-140 and I-485 approved I hope he is coverd by tution fees issues.

Please try and shed more light on this.

Archived