F1 to H4 transfer

aps215

Hello,

I have a question. I came to USA in 2007 on H4 visa and then transferred to F1 in 2008. I did my masters and now since i could not find a job, I am planning to go back to H4 visa as my Husband is still working on H1B.

Is it ok if I stay in USA and just file for COS? or do I have to go back to my country and apply for H4 there?

thanks !

• 3 months later...

thanks for the information JoeF.

I am ready to file for my COS to H4. Could you please help me with one more question. My OPT is valid till 11th July 2012 and the employer I am currently working for is ready to allow me to work till my OPT end date. If I apply for COS to H4 in June (June end) can I still work till July 11th and then quit my job? or do I have to stop working as soon as I apply for COS to H4.?

thanks !

I was filing the I-539 and got stuck at one point where it asks for the all the job experience. Do I have to fill out the job duties of all the jobs I did while on F1 visa (Research assistant, Internship on CPT, internship on OPT).

My concern is that, while on OPT I worked for a company as an unpaid intern ( I wanted to earn an experience, I thought It might be helpful in getting a full time job) for about 6 months and then I found a full time paid position. I did not get the letter from my employer where I did my internship thinking I wont need it in future.

I informed my college DSO about all these jobs/internships.

Now I am attaching my current pay stubs (paid job) to my I-539 application. Do I also need to attach the letter from previous employer too?

thanks !

Archived