Travel overseas with less than 6 months to H1 expiration

mnop

• 1 month later...

I have same situation. I have 6 months on my H1B. PERM filed and Audit came 2 days back.

My PERM was filed in 6th year of H1B (70 days in 6th year). So i am travelling now to cover up 35+ days now.

But i will have to go for visa stamping. Is it any problem for stamping if 6 months pending.

--I am going now becauase once visa is stamped and if i need to cover remaining 35 days later i could go later phase of H1B when very less time pending on H1B but stamping will not be required that time atleast.

Please help.please guide.

Thanks and Regds

Anil

• 2 months later...

Hi Anil,

I am curious to know what happened to your case. I have a similar situation. I am in my 6th yr of H1B (maxout date is 11/28/2012) and my PERM was filed in Feb2012. I was hoping that my PERM and I-140 will get approved before my H1B maxout date and then I can apply for extension. But unfortunately my PERM app got notification of Audit today. Now only option I have is travel outside of US for 51 days and use that recapture time to file for H1B extn before Nov2012. But the issue is that I will need to get my current Visa stamping done before coming to the US. Is there any issue during stamping with only 5 months left on H1B? Is it better to go to Canada to get the stamping rather than India? Please advise...I am in trouble :-(

Archived