L1 Visa to L2 Visa


Recommended Posts


I had filed for my L1 Ext. The extension has been denied. My wife is on her own L1 . Can I move over as dependent

(L2) on my wife's L1 while still in US. My wife's L1 extension was approved . She has her valid approval document , but she does not have her VISA stamped on her passport.

Please let me know the process



Link to comment

If a foreign national is out of status, USCIS will generally not permit them to change to L2 status status while in the U.S. The foreign national would instead generally be required to return to his/her country of origin and apply for an L-2 visa. However, there are exceptions to this rule. Please consult with an expereinced attorney for a more detailed review of your situation.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.