Experience letters during OPT from consultants for GC appl.

Hi,

I need some advice from this forum. I graduated after doing my Masters in 2009. When I was approaching 90 days of unemployment (20 days shy) on my OPT I joined a consulting firm A. However, a month after joining him I got a full-time offer from a company X that I interviewed with prior to joining the consulting firm A. Needless to say they were very angry that I left and kept threatening me. Nothing came out of that and I worked at my new company X for 6 months. Company X filed for H-1B and it was approved but it would take effect after 5 months. However, just before my H-1B would take effect company X filed for bankruptcy and laid me off. I contacted my school and they told me I technically am still on OPT since my H-1B did not take effect. Company X revoked my H-1B and I "went back" to being on OPT. Since I had only 20 days of permitted unemployment on my original OPT I joined a consulting firm B. They provided training and accommodation and I was unpaid (technically legal). After a couple of months of training and not finding a job, consulting firm B agreed to file for OPT extension. This too was unpaid (again technically legal since the rule requiring paid OPT extension employment was scrapped a couple of months ago). While I was working with consulting firm B I was also independently applying for jobs and managed to obtain a full-time offer with Company Y. I informed the consulting firm B that I wish to leave but they too threatened me and basically told me they'll do anything to make my life miserable. Company Y applied for my H-1B and it was approved. Note: I always provided accurate employment info to USCIS while applying for H-1B, OPT extension regarding consulting firms I joined. It has been a year and a half with Company Y and they are initiating my Green Card process. They specify that they would need experience letters from all employers. There is basically no way Consulting firms A and B will provide me experience letters. I still have a year and a half of my H-1B left plus I could apply for another 3 year extension. Is this the right time for me to begin the GC process? Should I use up all my H-1B years and then apply for GC? What are my options as far as experience letters from consulting firms are concerned?

Thank you for your patience in reading this long long post of mine.

Archived