Need help - on H1b - job change

kk3399

Hi,

my background :

2005 - 2009: worked as software developer for a comp in India on asp.net etc

2010 - 2011 May: came to US for Masters

Joined as a direct employee in a reputed healcare IT in June 2011 and got converted my F1 to H1.

Currently on the same H1 visa which is valid till Sep 2014 (got my passport stamped too).

The current work I am doing is not related to my past experience and is outdated; so I am not finding my job interesting also my current comp files GC in EB3, so thinking to change job (primarily for job satisfaction). I am not working on technologies that I worked on earlier; so for changing job I have 2 options, search a new employer or join a consultancy.

-If I find a new employer with some preparation, I might get fired as I am not working on those technologies and may need some time before I get fully functional at work.

- If I get into a consultancy (through H1 transfer): if I find it good, stay with them and get my GC done too; else I can take permanent position with any of the clients that I work with in my job. I am in the assumption that consultancies run pay checks even when their employees who are on H1 are unemployeed (for a limited time though).

Please correct me if I am overlooking anything and let me know your ideas/suggestions.

Thanks

Kiran

Archived