H4- 221(g) issued from mumbai (blue slip)

Devk

HI,

My wife appeared for H4 visa recently. she has been given 221 9 blue slip by mumbai consulate. i have to send below these documents. if some one can help me out whom should i ask to give.

1.A letter(on letter head) from personnel department at US job site stating that there's vacancy for you

2.A letter(on letter head) from personnel department detailing job description and duties,including organization chart.

3.A detailed and specific description of internal development project to which will be assigned,include a complete technical description of project,employer,time line,current status,worksite location and marketing analysis of the final project

they asked W2 and income tax since 2009 to present

i was on F1 visa from Jan 2008 to 2010(had no souce of income).OPT from Feb 2010 to Oct 2011. i started doing job since April 2011. so on opt i had no souce of income from feb 2010 to April 2011. what can i do while they ask IT return and W2 from 2009?

please guide me so i can submit docs as soon.

Thanks in advance.

I am not an attorney, but what I feel is you can put signed statement saying you were on OPT period and did not have any source of income. Your paystub will reflect YTD earnings and tax paid since you got H1 status. So that should be good. It would be best to consult the attorney who processed your H1 as he knows your case better than anyone on the forum.

• 2 months later...

They asked the same documents from my wife on March-5. All the letter you will get from your employer. As h1hopes stated in previous thread you should ask your lawyer who filed your H1-B petition to write a letter and explain that why you don't have a w2 and paystubs of tax year 2009. You should also check with your school whether you need to have a paystubs while you are on opt. I think you need to have a job offer within first three months of your opt but I don't think you have to have a paystubs.

You can work voluntarily or you can tell them that I was under training in so and so field

Archived