485 AOS for my wife

avsln

my priority date is current in the March bulletin. To apply for AOS, I have all documents necessary and medical reports completed. But we noticed that my wife's expired passport is missing. She has her valid passport with the Visa and I-94. Will that be a problem when applying or will the valid passport be enough?

As far as I know, you are required to submit color photocopies of all pages (including blank) of all passports (current and expired). If you have a color photocopy of your expired passport, you may still be good. Check with your lawyer.

Required by whom? Not by the USCIS, since they only ask for copies of your visa pages.

As far as I know, you are required to submit color photocopies of all pages (including blank) of all passports (current and expired). If you have a color photocopy of your expired passport, you may still be good. Check with your lawyer.

Is it correct that color photocopies of passport are required to be submitted? I have submitted B/W photocopies, and haven't heard about anybody else submitting color photocopies.

Is it correct that color photocopies of passport are required to be submitted? I have submitted B/W photocopies, and haven't heard about anybody else submitting color photocopies.

Of course it is not correct. Why would you take funky anonomous opinion of a random person on a web forum over the USCIS own instructions for I-485?

Of course it is not correct. Why would you take funky anonomous opinion of a random person on a web forum over the USCIS own instructions for I-485?

My attorney has asked me to submit all pages in color copies and I have done so. And I did mention in my post to check with the OP's lawyer.

A forum is meant only for sharing personal opinions and experiences, and not a substitute for a lawyer's advice.

Belle - You are as anonymous as anyone else on this forum. And a rude one too.

@nda050325

He might have sounded rude to you only! Actually he is a very helpful person! He has helped so many people in this forum with his expertise. Thanks Belle for your good work so far!

@ashiktmz

@Belle

Point accepted, on all the things which we can agree or not, to what lawyers ask. Also agree, that they sometimes do ask a lot of stuff which may not be needed. Though I would provide what they ask, if its just providing some info or docs already available.

Also, Point well accepted, on all the help Belle has been providing on this forum. Still, that doesnt allow her to use words like funky, random. Random persons just visit forums and/or just ask questions, and leave once they get the answers. They dont take time out to respond or discuss. Again - I did tell the OP to check with his lawyer.

Archived