H1-B Amendment and LCA clarifications

chrp999

Hello Friends,

I have approved H1-B (I797) from employer X in OCT 2009. started working working for a client A1 from Oct 2009 until March 2012 with the same employer X in City C1, NJ.

I need to start working for the client B1 from April 2012 in city C2, NJ with the same employer X.

I have couple of clarifications as follows:

1. My work locations for Client A1 and B1 are in the same State NJ. Still my employer need file for LCA and H1 amendment ?

2. I have got the visa while I was working for the client A1. Can I use the existing VISA ( which is valid until September 30th 2012) with previous LCA ? Can I travel to/from India ?

3. My dependents required to go for visa stamping in INIDA in May 2012 as we are travelling to india in May 2012 ? Do my me and my dependents require new LCA and approved

H1-B amendment when attending for visa at US Consulate in India in May 2012 ?

4. Do me & my dependents need to wait until H1-B amendment approval notice ?

Please reply back ASAP. I appreciate your help, time and quick response ?

Thanks,

Prasad

For a discussion regarding question one, please visit the following link: http://www.murthy.com/news/n_revamh.html. Regarding question two, unlike H1B work authorization, H visas are status specific as opposed to position/job specific. Therefore, as long as you are maintaining valid H1B status, you and your dependents can utilize a previously issued H visa within its validity. Nonetheless, it is advisable to carry with you your latest H1B materials when traveling. This is also true if your dependents are attending H4 visa appointments. If you have additional questions, please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived