H1B stamping (HYD) after employer changes and extension.

ramdasu

hi

I had my H1B stamped with my previous company in Jan 2010. In March 2010 I changed employer in US and have been working for that company till now. When i change my employer my H1B got extended will March 14 2012. In Nov 2011 my H1B got extended to Mar 14 2015 with the same company.

Now i am travelling to india in March and have to attend the interview.

I have decided to attend the interview after March 14 2012, just to avoid the confusion of two H1B petitions, is this a correct decision ?

Second question i have is, will there be any complications or special questions asked?

Can any one please give me guidance in this matter.

thanks in advance

Ram

hi thanks for replying. Here is what i meant by saying "change my employer my H1B got extended will March 14 2012".

I was on L1 till Feb 2009, in Feb 2009 i applied for change or status to H1B which was approved from Sep 2008.

The change of status was for my first H1B employer lets call that employer EMP1.

In March 2009 I changed employers and joined EMP2. When this happened, my H1B had to transferred be to EMP2 and when that happened my petition was extended till March 14 2012.

Since my petition was expiring my employer applied for extension for me and i got the extension till March 2015.

I have decided to attend the interview after March 14 2012, just to avoid the confusion of two H1B petitions, is this a correct decision ?

Second question i have is, will there be any complications or special questions asked?

hi ,

I realized that there are some mistakes in my previous post. So here is the full time line again.

Before Sep 2008: Working on L1 with EMP0

Sep 2008 : H1B Approved

Feb 2009 : Changed employers to EMP1 and changed the status from L1 to H1B

Nov 2009 : Traveled to India and appeared for interview.

Nov 2009 - Jan 2010 : Me and my wife's passports were taken during the interview but we did not get the stamped PPs until Jan2010. We were told that some processing was going on and we had to wait.

Jan 2010 : VISA stamped and passport returned. Traveled back to US.

Feb 2010 : Changed employers to EMP2. H1B transfer from EMP1 to EMP2.

Feb 2010 : H1B extended till March 2012 - EMP2.

Nov 2011 : H1B extended till March 2015 - EMP2.

Mar 2012 :

Thanks

Ram

Can any one please give me some advice.

Here is my status

Before Sep 2008: Working on L1 with EMP0

Sep 2008 : H1B Approved

Feb 2009 : Changed employers to EMP1 and changed the status from L1 to H1B

Nov 2009 : Traveled to India and appeared for interview.

Nov 2009 - Jan 2010 : Me and my wife's passports were taken during the interview but we did not get the stamped PPs until Jan2010. We were told that some processing was going on and we had to wait.

Jan 2010 : VISA stamped and passport returned. Traveled back to US.

Feb 2010 : Changed employers to EMP2. H1B transfer from EMP1 to EMP2.

Feb 2010 : H1B extended till March 2012 - EMP2.

Nov 2011 : H1B extended till March 2015 - EMP2.

Mar 2012 :

thanks

Ram

March 14 2012 is anyways 3 weeks ahead...!! And you are anyway going to fill up all the Visa interview applications DS-160 etc with your new h1B petition.. so new issues in that case.

And you are with the current employer for 2 good years. So no problem..But just you might face a question "Why you changed your employer"..should have a handy and reasonable answer for that.

And remaining things like Client letters, Work model EC/EVC are what are always there ....So good luck on your interview

Archived