Initial Evidence Requested for my 485 application

manojkk

Hi Guys,

I received email for both mine & wife's 485 application from USCIS yesterday stating below.

"On February 11, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility."

I know we can't say anything concrete before I get the letter but is there any generic query USCIS is asking now days. My information is below.

PD: Sep 2007

FP Done: Dec 14th 2011

EAD Received: Jan 12th 2012

I got the notice today asking for birth certificate for me and my wife as well. Actual content of the RFE is please submit a copy of birth certificate and if it is not in English, please submit the translation. If you don't have the birth certificate please submit a secondary certificate.

Now my question is I already submitted a birth certificate in my case and nonavailability for my wife along with two affidavits from parent & relative. Why would they be asking again the same information.

It's an unfortunate situation. As applicants, we have no other option but to re-submit these docs again. Causes are as follows:

- Officer's oversight

- Document list on the covering letter mismatche with actual enclosed documents

- Minor dislocation (eg. birth certificate stapled with marriage cert or vice versa)

Looks like not a big issue, Good luck.

1) in your case:

Is your birth certificate in english? if not, is a notarized translation copy provided?

Is your surname printed first and then ur given name?

2) wife's case: Looks like they are not satifisfied with the non availability of the birth certificate. Have to check with your lawyer.

As I said it is in hindi as well as English only the header part is in hindi

I definitely didn't expect them to raise a rfe just for header.

My next question is since I have my birth cert registered in 2009 and I am providing extra 2 affidavits from mother and relative. Do I need to provide something more for secondary evidence.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived