H1 Rejected - Work from India - H4 Stamping

goodluckishere

My H1 was rejected under 221g. My employer is trying to find out reasons for rejection and will try to get it approved. Meanwhile, I have been asked to work from India. My client is OK with me working from India.

After reviewing number of rejected cases on murthy forum, it seems such cases take lot of time and chances of approval is very less. I am planning to get H4 stamped and continue to work from India. Find another job,resign and then go to US on H4

Question:

1. Now that I am working from India and being paid in US. What is tax implication?
  2. Considering visa stamping turnaround time, I was thinking of getting my H4 stamped while I am working from India. Will H4 visa stamp have any impact on my current employment status while I am in India?
  3. What should I mention about my primary occupation in DS-160? Should I mention that I am working for US employer?
  4. Will I have issues with my H4 stamping due the fact that my H1 was rejected and I am still working from India?

Please advise.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks Chitown01 for your response !

My H1 visa was refused under 221g and my H1 petition is send to USCIS for review and possible revocation. My employer says that I can work from India til my H1 petition is not revoked.

1. So, will I have issues with my H4 stamping due the fact that my H1 visa is refused and I am still working from India for US employer?

2. Will I be asked any documents related to my rejected H1 and employment?

Archived