Canada Visa in LA

alladi333

Hello All,

I am planning to go for H1B stamping in Canada (F1 to H1). I need some information about the Canadian visa process in LA, and some other questions as well.

1. Can I get Canadian visa in one day at LA consulate?

2. Can I block the visa stamping date and apply for Canda visa or do I have to apply canada visa first before blocking the visa date?

3. Which consulate can I go for stamping in Canada, As I see most of them are are going to Vancouver or ottawa, what about winnipeg or calgary or any other consulates?

Please share your experiences and suggestions for the above questions.

Thanks in advance!

You dont need the Canadian visa to book an appointment at the US consulate. The Canadian visa and US visa are different all together.

You only need to fill DS 160 and pay 150$ fee to book the appointment at the US consulate.

If you go to the Canadian consulate in LA with all the documents you will get the passport the next day.

If you go in person to the canadian consulate, you get your passport the next day after noon. Same day processing does not happen these days.

I got my canada visa in LA. Please be sure to be in the consulate by 8:00 AM. This increases your chance of getting your passport the next day.

You can block the visa stamping date and no need to get the canada visa. It all depends where you are located and the easy travel to get the canada visa.

In my POV, the location of the consulate (Vancouver, Ottawa or Calgary) does not matter if your papers are clear. Please make sure you travel to a location that is convenient for you.

All the best !!!

Hello All,

I am planning to go for H1B stamping in Canada (F1 to H1). I need some information about the Canadian visa process in LA, and some other questions as well.

1. Can I get Canadian visa in one day at LA consulate?-> Not sure about this. They used to provide it earlier in a day, please check with the High Commission.

2. Can I block the visa stamping date and apply for Canda visa or do I have to apply canada visa first before blocking the visa date?-> YOu can block the visa stamping date however as suggested, first check with the Canadian HC in LA about the turn around time for visitor's visa. A simple e-mail or phone call can help.

3. Which consulate can I go for stamping in Canada, As I see most of them are are going to Vancouver or ottawa, what about winnipeg or calgary or any other consulates?-> There is no set rule for this. You decide for yourself. If you are getting dates at Vancouver rather than at Ottawa, go for Vancouver.

Please share your experiences and suggestions for the above questions.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Raju

Thanls for your response.

I am looking for CANADIAN visitor visa for my H1 stamp, work in CA and don't want to go LA to get it, prefer through postal mail.

Please can you furnish what are the various steps, documents, fees etc involved in this process.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

VC

Archived