H1 Transfer issue

aditya123

Hi,

I recently transferred from Company A (Consultancy) to Company B (Full-time). My H1 got transferred and I got the papers. But I did not tell Company A that I have transferred my H1. I told him that I left the country and not coming back. Now the Company A is asking me to to send the copy of my passport stating the date that I left the country for HR purpose. In reality I have not left the country.

My question is does Company A have to update with USCIS that I have left the country before they cancel my H1. Will it be a problem if I tell him now that I have not left the country.

Please suggest me what I can do.

you don't need to give your old company any info on your move to another company. company A will decide itself on what to do with the petition they filed for you and you will have no harm by it. do not worry much about old employer and enjoy the work at new employer. its your career and you can do what ever you want with it. you can ignore your old employer unless you need an experience letter from them for GC :)

Hello, I was issued an H1B approval in Dec 2010 from campany A and got the visa stamp done in Feb 2011 valid till Dec 2013. But due to some reason I was unable to join the company later. I have received a fresh job offer from company B and they are starting H1B transfer. My question is, do I have to get a new H1B stamp done in my passport at consulate, or can I travel to USA using the new approved petition and the old H1B visa?

Hi All,

I got a H1 Query on Feb 7 2012 for my H1 Transfer to Company B. USCIS is asking for my pay stubs (Nov1 2011 - Nov 23 2011) which I cannot provide.

The following happened during my transfer.

Oct 27 2011

Received Job offer from Company B.

Oct 28 2011

I accepted and signed the offer letter from Company B.

Nov 1 – 25 2011

I was on vacation (No paystubs generated during this vacation and my last pay stub generated was on Oct 31 2011 with Company A).

Nov 14 2011

USCIS received Labor Certificate Approval from Company B.

Nov 23 2011

USCIS received H1b Transfer petition filed by Company B

Nov 28 2011

Start date of new job at Company B.

Dec 1 2011

Informed previous employer (Company A) that I have joined Company B.

Dec 1st week 2011

Received letter from Company A that my last day of employment was 10/31/2011 with them.

Dec 21 2011

Previous Employer (Company A) sent a letter to USCIS to revoke my H1B.

Jan 13 2012

H1b with Company A was revoked by USCIS.

Since no paystubs generated during Nov1 2011 - Nov 23 2011, I am curious to know how USCIS would consider my case.

Please let me know if anyone has undergone this situation.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I got a H1 Query on Feb 7 2012 for my H1 Transfer to Company B. USCIS is asking for my pay stubs (Nov1 2011 - Nov 23 2011) which I cannot provide.

The following happened during my transfer.

Oct 27 2011

Received Job offer from Company B.

Oct 28 2011

I accepted and signed the offer letter from Company B.

Nov 1 – 25 2011

I was on vacation (No paystubs generated during this vacation and my last pay stub generated was on Oct 31 2011 with Company A).

Nov 14 2011

USCIS received Labor Certificate Approval from Company B.

Nov 23 2011

USCIS received H1b Transfer petition filed by Company B

Nov 28 2011

Start date of new job at Company B.

Dec 1 2011

Informed previous employer (Company A) that I have joined Company B.

Dec 1st week 2011

Received letter from Company A that my last day of employment was 10/31/2011 with them.

Dec 21 2011

Previous Employer (Company A) sent a letter to USCIS to revoke my H1B.

Jan 13 2012

H1b with Company A was revoked by USCIS.

Since no paystubs generated during Nov1 2011 - Nov 23 2011, I am curious to know how USCIS would consider my case.

Please let me know if anyone has undergone this situation.

Sam111,

Could you please update us with what happened next ?

Thanks.

Archived