Calgary visa exp Feb 6th

heguje

I had a visa interview this morning for H1b stamping in Calgary. Thought I would post my exp:

My interview appointment was at 8.00AM.

Reached the Consulate office around 7.30AM the office was closed so waited to 15mins. They opened at 7.45Am asked us to form a line and allowed one by one inside. A security check was done. Make sure you dont have any bags, files, keys, mobiles, any electronics as nothing would be allowed inside.

Went to a lady who checked the appointment and arranged the needed documents with the passport and appointment letter and bundled together.

A security guy came and took 5 of us upstairs(10th floor) to the Consulate office.

One more security check there and we are given a number . Went inside and sat.

My number was displayed so went to the window, a lady took that bundle(which was prepared down stairs) from me and asked to wait.

Again my number was displayed , this time it is for finger printing. So came back and sat.

Third time my number was displayed and this is the actual interview:

Here is the conversation:

VO: Since when are you working for your current company?

Me: XXX

VO: Where is your company located at?

Me: xxx

VO: What is your postion?

Me: xxxx ( she didnt understood part of it so I repeated)

VO: What is your highest education?

Me: XXX

VO: Are you married?

Me: Yes

VO: What status is your wife on?

Me: xxxx

VO: Any kids??

Me: xxx

VO: Is your kid US citizen??

Me; Yes .

VO: Congratulations your visa got approved, you can collect the passport on thursday or friday.

Me: Thank you ..

Thanks Murthy.com for providing good information on immigration related issues.

Hope my exp would also be of some help to others.

I also had my interview on Feb., 07th in Calgary and had the similar experience by heguje

Mine was scheduled for 9:30 AM. I was there by 9:00 AM.

I was here for my L1-A visa.

Everything went well. I also met the lady visa officer with a rectangle glasses.

Here are the questions that was asked to me...

1. How long are you with your current employer?

2. Who is your client?

3. How long do you have the contract with the client?

4. When did you come to US for the first time?

Then she said your visa is approved and can collect the PP on Thursday or Friday.

heguje - I'm still not able to view my waybill number in the website. Waiting for that.. Let me know if you're seeing yours.

vkulanthaivelatg***l.com

Archived