Who is your client?

h136367

Hello,

I am working for one of the Big 4 Audit firms in Technology Consulting Practice. I am a Full Time Employee.Our projects range from as short as 8 weeks to as long as 6 months. Our clients keep on changing all across the US. How do I answer this question?

VO: Who is your end client?

Do I have to say the client name? Our company policies recommend not to tell our client name and sometimes we work on Merger and Acquisitions project where we cannot tell our client name. How should I respond to this question.

Thanks in advance!!

If that is the case make sure your employer gives the letter in the same format. It shouldn't mention that you work for clients. Will your company give that you are working as so and so and your responsibilities include working internally ?

As per USCIS regulations you should file for a new LCA and ammend the H1B petition if you change client. But most of the Big 4 consulting firms dont do that instead just file for new LCA. But in your case no new LCA as well. If you go to VO and say that you work as a Systems Analyst on a internal project or something like that. Then what if they ask for more documents regarding the project you are working. You will be in a soup.

Usually go put your case in front of HR they would assist you and get you an appointment with company`s attorney. Then listen to their advice and then proceed accordingly. Ask all the questions you have to them.

Thanks

Reddy

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions.

We do not sell any products its pure consulting services. Tinku - you are right, every time we work on client assignments we get a new LCA. For example, currently I am working for a client in Minneapolis on a post merger integration project. My firm applied for LCA before I could work on this project. So far, I have three LCAs ( one where my home company is, where I go every friday), two for 2 clients I have worked with so far including the current one. We work from Monday - Thursday on a client place and consult them and Friday we come back and work on internal activities such as practice development, proposals writing (to get new clients), work for the community etc. Also, I do not report to any person at client. We work in teams and report to manager of my firm who sits with me at client place from Mon to Thursday.

So, in this situation. Am I good to say that I do not have any client??

Hmm, rule #1: Never lie to an immigration official.

If the OP works on client projects, he has to mention that. No but or if. A lie about "internal projects" could result in a permanent ban.

If there is a non-disclosure in effect, he should mention that as well.

Is this a good answer?

VO: Who is your client?

Answer: I am a FTE of XYZ Consulting under Technology consulting practice. We do not have a permanent client because we provide consulting services across the industry. Currently, I am working on a technology integration project for abc financials.

Archived